Thursday, June 5, 2008

Book Review



The book review will become a weekly installment on the caffection blog. We'll preview books that we feel are relevant to couples who are married to their best friend. Today, we start with a book titled What Happy Couples Do by co-authors Carol J. Bruess, Ph.D, & Anna D.H. Kudak, M.A. This is a simple picture/maxim book that is well conceived, well paced, and filled with uplifting anecdotal information about happy couples and the joy they've discovered to, as the authors say, "form enduring bonds between two life partners." Through personal, shared anecdotes, the book addresses issues as serious as being newlyweds, to pet names (little sausage?), to being the captain of your relation--ship. The only drawback we found with the book was that it's too short, but a caffected marriage is, too, so...
Available from Fairview Press. www.fairviewpress.com.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love the website for this book which is:
http://www.whathappycouplesdo.com/

I also love your blog and the whole concept of being Caffected! Well, I guess that means I love being Caffected! Thank you for making me aware of how fortunate I am to be married to my best friend (for 30 years today!)