Thursday, July 3, 2008

Independence!


Happy 4th of July!  Here's hoping everyone has fireworks in their relationship, liberty in their lives, and independence in their spirit.  

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands--one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all.

Winston Churchill said it best: "Democracy is a very poor form of government; but it's much better than anything else ever tried."

And while we're at it, let's celebrate our marriages, because a caffected marriage is fireworks, liberty, and independence all rolled into one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning you two! Happy BDAY Byron! I hope you both had an unforgetable weekend in the woods. I really like the new blogs....the pictures and the messages keep getting better and better!

I am truly sorry that I didn't get you anything for your birthday...ask mom, I wanted to! I had planned on getting you an 'Edible Arrangement' fruit bouquet, but as you know my pennies are stretched to the limits, so I am calling a rain check. I'll send you something fabulous when you are least expecting it.

But once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know this day is a big one and I hope you two celebrate in style!

Love you both!!!

Sally Jo Distelhorst